Monday, October 3, 2011

Fashion Show, Dinner, Dancing and Ocean Park!

 So, this is a little late, but Kristin and I got to go to a Fashion show that was by invitation only.  Kristen scored us invites through her rotary connection.  It was in honor of the Landmark Men brand opening up a store here.  As neither Kristin nor I had been to a fashion show, we were soooo excited!  It helped to that they were handing out free champagne/wine.  We felt very important.  Here are a few pictures from the show:

This was the centerpiece of the Runway.
The crowd:
One of the models:
And another one:
This picture shows how the models got onto the runway:

Needless to say, Kristen and I had a blast at the show.  Later in the week, we were invited to take a Salsa Dancing lesson with some Rotarians.  The lesson was taught by a professional dancer named Benny.  He was hilarious and so much fun.  However, before the lesson started, we meet with Leslie, a rotarian, for dinner at an amazing Vietnamese restaurant that Leslie picked out called the Lotus.  I had Vegetables in Green Coconut Curry = amazing.  Leslie was so sweet too!


After dinner it was dancing time.  Yes, James was the only guy there.  Not, he wasn't happy about that, or happy about learning to "shimmy".  This was not the only time that night that he gave me the "Seriously, why I am doing this" look, as illustrated below:
 So, I gave him my "I am so thankful you are doing this" look, along with not letting go of his hand so he couldn't make a run for it:
 We actually had an amazing time that night and headed out from the lesson to a Salsa Club with everyone to continue the fun.  James was the best non-asian dancer at the club!  Seriously. :)

So this past weekend we went to Stanley Market with Kristen and then headed out to Ocean Park.  Ocean Park is Hong Kong's big theme park, that includes rides, a panda resort, an aquarium, etc.  AND, in October, they deck the whole place out for Halloween and have haunted house.  It was SO MUCH FUN!

As none of us had ever seen a panda before in person, we were totally excited about it and took lots of pictures.

I mean, could this guy be any cuter?
 Perhaps while eating?
 A close-up...
 Us and the panda (and a lady that would not move out of our picture)!  Please note James' hat... he is VERY proud of it...

But like I said before, Ocean Park has more than just pandas - there are fun roller coaster rides!  Now, I l.o.v.e. roller coasters.  James and Kristen, however, get nauseous on them (classic).  So I had to ride some of the rides by myself.  I didn't let it get me down:
 This ride below was my favorite ride.  SO MUCH FUN!
 And throughout the park, they had staff dressed up in costume whose sole mission was to scare you.  Honestly, they were quite good at their job.  They would come out of everywhere.  But after scaring you, they would kindly take a picture with you:
 
Kristen and I didn't like being frightened so much, so we took matters into our hands...
 Seriously amazing idea for a haunted house:  laser tag with zombies.  We rocked it out, which made me feel better about myself, as in one haunted house, one guy scared me so much that I screamed bloody murder and a different guy, who watched it happen, just busted out laughing and couldn't stay in character.  Classic.

And then there was the aquarium.  It was so pretty and amazing, because we were basically the only people in it.
 Did I mention that it was huge?
 He looks friendly:

 Biggest sting rays ever.
 A swordfish:

And we saw all of those fish while just hanging out in one spot.  But you could walk all around the aquarium, which we did.

If we have learned anything, it is that Hong Kong truly has everything to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment